|Used Auto Parts||Used Engines||Used Transmissions||Rebuilt Engines||Rebuilt Transmissions||Auto Body Parts||Wheels/Rims||Engine Parts||Accessories||Locator|
Search Used Auto Parts
Welcome to the largest online store on the internet for LKQ used car and truck parts. Our high standard network features over 30 MILLION used parts and accessories for late model import and domestic vehicles.
This Site is managed by a third party service provider of Automotix.com (the "Online Store" and collectively with Automotix.com "we" or "us"). We are committed to protecting our customers' privacy. Your privacy through the use of the Web site located at URL http://www.automotix.com ("the Site") is paramount in that goal. Other service providers we use on the site include credit card processors and shipping services.
- What information do we collect from you?
- Where do we collect information from you and how do we use it?
- With whom do we share your information?
- How may you delete, update or correct your personally identifiable information?
- What are your choices regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?
- What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
- You should carefully review privacy policies of any third party sites accessible from this site.
- Children's Privacy.
In order to better provide you with numerous products and services, the Site collects two types of information about its visitors: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using the Site. The Online Store collects information on behalf of Automotix.com.
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. Personal information is requested when you order a product or service, enter contests or sweepstakes, fill out surveys, and correspond with us. This information might include contact information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and financial information such as your credit card number (only if you choose to purchase a product online). With this information, we can fill your service and product orders and better provide you with personalized services.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you shop on the Site in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the Web site's Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol ("TCP/IP") network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.2. Where do we collect information from you and how do we use it?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide our visitors with a superior customized online experience. We use the customer contact information to fill orders, contact prior purchasers to inform them of their order status and to send promotional e-mails.
We may perform statistical analyses of aggregate customer behavior. This allows us to measure relative customer interest in the various areas of the Site for product development purposes. Any information we collect is used for our own internal purposes to improve the content of the Site, to enhance users' experiences when visiting the Site, to customize the content and/or layout of our pages, and to provide the services required by an individual customer.
We gather information in the following ways:
- Shopping: We collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to gather broad demographic information, and to monitor the level of activity on the Site. We collect information from visitors to the Site regarding the referring URL, your IP address, which browser you used to come to the Site, the country, state, the pages of the Site that you viewed during your visit and any search terms entered on the Site.
- Ordering: When you order from us, we collect personally identifiable information from you. If you order one of our products or services, we will collect and maintain your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, product selections, credit card number, order number, referring URL, IP address and a password. We collect this, and other information, as disclosed in this Policy, in order to fill your order, to communicate with you about your order and to send you promotional materials. Before confirming your order, you will have the opportunity to review the product order form and make changes and additions to the information it contains and these changes will be automatically kept for future use.
- Online Surveys and Polling: In order to improve our services to you, we ask some of our customers to voluntarily complete surveys, which may be collected by an independent third party. Individual survey answers are confidential, although Non-Personally Identifiable Information is collected and disclosed to third parties. If you do not wish to participate in a survey, simply decline to participate when asked.
- Contests and Sweepstakes: When you enter a contest or other promotion, we may ask you for contact information such as your name, mailing address and e-mail address in order to administer the contest, to send you promotional e-mails, notify winners and make the winners' list publicly available pursuant to certain states' laws.
- Newsletters, Product Updates, & Promotional E-mails: We may offer free electronic newsletters, product updates, and promotional e-mails as a service to our prior customers. We may send you newsletters and e-mails periodically listing current specials, promotions, and deals. In addition, there may be other opportunities to subscribe to an e-mail list that will send you information about the Site events, but we will only add you to the list with your consent. We will not send e-mails to you if you have requested us not to do so unless we need to confirm for our records that you do not want to receive promotional emails. This option is usually included in your account registration form or at our optional home page registration form. If you have established an account with us, to stop receiving promotional emails and newsletters in the future, please go to the account page and log in with your account information. Once you are logged in you may scroll to the bottom of the page and un-check the opt-in box. Then click the 'Update Account' button and you will be removed from our mailing list. If you have not set up an account with us, but have previously registered at our home page to receive future information, you may unsubscribe by sending a blank email to the unsubscribe address specified at the bottom of the email you receive to let us know you do not wish us to sent future newsletters, updates or promotional emails to you.
- Contact Information and Third Party Data: If you contact us by telephone, e-mail or letter, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments. If you report a problem with the Site, we may collect such information in a file specific to you in order to troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes and better serve your needs. If you contact us through our feedback area or by calling one of our customer service representatives, we ask for your name and e-mail address in order to send you a reply. If other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or purchases on the Site, we may keep the information in a file specific to you.
- Customer Traffic Patterns: We track customers' traffic patterns throughout their online sessions, including which pages a customer views while using the Site. This information is ultimately stored in the form of store categories, and, in some cases, specific URLs. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers and software and to administer the Site.
- Warranty Information: From time to time we may offer additional or extended warranty or service programs on our Site. These programs are often administered by third party warranty and service companies. When you purchase a warranty, we pass along your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, warranty purchased and information about the product purchased to the warranty company.
We may share aggregated statistics about pages viewed on the Site and sales and other shopping information with third parties.
The information collected by the Site is used only for the limited purposes of processing orders, keeping you informed about your order status, for statistical purposes for improving the Site and to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. We will disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties to charge your credit card, fill your order, deliver your order, provide customer service to you, and deliver promotional e-mails to you from us. For example, we must release your credit card number to confirm payment; and release your mailing address information to the delivery service to deliver products that you ordered. These third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We may release account information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property and safety of our users, others and ourselves. In addition, we may assign or otherwise transfer to a third party certain of your information in connection with an assignment, sale, transfer or disposition of a portion or all of our business, assets, or stock.
From time to time, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order, legal process, warrant or subpoena or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. As expressed in the Terms and Conditions that govern this Site, we reserve the right to conduct an investigation and/or report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may assign or otherwise transfer to a third party certain of your information in connection with an assignment, sale, transfer or disposition of a portion or all of our business, assets, or stock. Please contact the site if you do not wish to have your information transferred in the manner set forth above.4. How can you update or correct your Personally Identifiable Information?
During the online ordering process you can review, change or delete the information that you have submitted. You may change any of your personal information in your account online at any time. Simply go to the account page and log in with your account information. Once you are logged in you may update your account. Then click on "Update Account". We encourage you to promptly update your information if it changes. You may ask to have some or all of your account information deleted or removed. Upon such a request by you, we will delete as much of your account information as possible. However, because we keep track of all past purchases, not all information related to past purchases will be completely removed from our databases due to legal obligations.5. What are your choices regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?
With your consent, we may from time to time send you e-mail or other communications regarding current promotions, specials and new additions to the Site. You may "opt-out," or unsubscribe from our newsletters, updates, and promotions, by following the unsubscribe instructions in any e-mail you receive from us. You may also unsubscribe by going to the account page and logging in with your account information. Once you are logged in you may scroll to the bottom of the page and un-check the opt-in box. Then click on 'Update Account' and you will not receive any further communications or mailings.6. What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
We employ the industry-recognized information technology to protect the security of the information you submit to us. The importance of security for all Personally Identifiable Information associated with our customers is of utmost concern to us. Our secure servers protect the information using advanced encryption and firewall technology. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for mutual authentication, data encryption and data integrity - all to ensure secure transactions for our customers. SSL is the industry standard security protocol to encode sensitive information, such as your credit card number.
In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking, process agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information they need to verify and authorize your credit card transactions and to ship your order. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, we offer secured-server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to thwart someone from intercepting it and misusing it. When you access your account information, the information is kept on a secure server. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access by physical security means.7. Use of "cookies"
5925 Nall Avenue, Suite 400
Mission, KS 66202
EFFECTIVE DATE 4.15.09